About Public Utilities Branch
The Branch of Public Utilities primary responsibility is to administer and manage the construction, operation and maintenance of the Tribes infrastructure for water, waste water and distribution collection systems, facilities and sanitation services for the community.
The following services are provided for the community:
- Water treatment facilities
- Water distribution maintenance and repairs
- Wastewater treatment facilities
- Solid waste collection and disposal
- Underground utility installation and maintenance oversight
- Maintenance of over 90 tribal buildings including Health & Wellness Center
The Branch of Public Utilities consists of the following departments:
- Building Maintenance
- Maintenance Engineering
- Building/Safety Inspections
- Environmental Health
- Sanitation and Landfill
- Ground keeping
The mission of the Branch of Public Utilities is to provide our community with the highest standard of public service that continually enhances the quality of life within our reservation boundaries.
Commonly Asked Questions
If I see water leaking, what should I do? If you see water leaking, please call Public Utilities with the location of the suspected water leak.
What is the process for submitting a work order?
- A work order must be filled out by an authorized signer (e.g. person responsible for the bill.)
- It is then authorized, prioritized and sent to the appropriate Public Utilities department.
- Assessed on job needs, start date, timeline and estimated completion date.
- Arrangements are made with Public Utilities and homeowner on start date, timeline and estimated completion date.
- If work is delayed, Public Utilities will communicate with the customer about the delay.
- Upon project completion, billing is prepared.
I have submitted a work order but am unsure of the status, who do I contact? Please call Public Utilities to get an update on the status of a submitted work order.
How do I pay an outstanding bill with Public Utilities? There are three options for making a payment:
- Cash or check payments can be made at the Public Utilities front office.
- Debit card payments can also be made at Cash Management in the Tribal Administration Building.
- A payroll deduction or per capita deduction can also be arranged for services in advance for those who qualify.