Vital Stats

About Vital Stats

The Vital Stats Department maintains vital statistic records for tribal members including birth certificates, court orders, marriage certificates, social security information, and lineage information. The department is responsible for preparing enrollment documents for submission to Tribal Council for the enrollment of new members and assists Tribal Council with referendums. The department also processes per capita, pension and minor’s trust funds.

Who is Eligible?

In general, the office provides services to Tribal membership and individuals seeking membership with the Tribe. Business permit services are available to tribal and non-tribal members.

Commonly Asked Questions

What is the process for becoming an enrolled member of the Tribe? Tribal Code Chapter 20 / Ordinance 44 outlines the requirements for automatic enrollment. An individual can be automatically enrolled if they have 1/4 CTWS blood (Warm Springs, Wasco, Paiute) or a combination of CTWS blood and “valid membership blood quantum from a member or former member of the Ichiskin (Sahaptin or Warm Springs), Kiksht (Chinook or Wasco) and/or Numu (Shoshonean or Pauite) People wherein a close ancestral affiliation can be documented and confirmed by formal Tribal Council action.” Contact Vital Stats for more information.

What is the process for becoming adopted into the Tribe? Individuals who have at least 1/8 CTWS blood may be eligible for adoption. To be eligible for the adoption list, an individual must have at least 1/8 CTWS blood, descend from a Tribal member or former member of the Tribe, reside upon the reservation at least 3 years prior to application for adoption, not enrolled in another tribe, and receive a majority of the vote in an adoption referendum. Contact Vital Stats for more information. 

How do I register to vote? How do I verify or change my voting district? You can verify your registration and voting district by reviewing the voter list. New voters must register with the Vital Stats office. To change your voting district, fill out a Voting District Change form. Any registration or registration change must be filed more than 60 days prior to any election in order to be effective for that particular election. 

How do I update my mailing address?To update your mailing address, please fill out an Address Change form and fax, email or drop off in person to the Vital Stats office.