The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Natural Resources Planning Office works to ensure strategic planning is in place and is executed for balanced protection, use and enhancement to all Tribal natural resources. Resources are managed as sustainable assets available for cultural, subsistence, economic and social purposes or opportunities in perpetuity consistent with the Confederated Tribes’ sovereign and treaty status.
Treaty Right Protection and Sovereignty is asserted through liaison work with federal and state agencies and by review of federal and state project developments and implementation. Input is given on all projects in our ceded lands and usual and accustom areas that affect tribal resources and treaty rights.
The Planning Department’s responsibilities include:
- Develop, promote and implement long, mid, and short-range plans including the tribal comprehensive plan and plans for transportation, transit, telecommunications, facilities, infrastructure, economic development and land use. [Link these with Tribal Council, Strategic and Management plans.]
- Advise and support land use planning and ordinance development with the Land Use Planning Committee and staff.
- Facilitate and coordinate development projects and strategies.
- Provide regional, state and non-profit intergovernmental liaison support.
- Review and process land use applications.
- Provide expertise for studies, projects and programs.
- Provide statistics and ready access to plans and other information.
- Write, edit or proofread Tribal Council resolutions.
- Grant research, development and coordination with funding agencies and local departments and organizations.
- Warm Springs Reservation Transportation Plan (2014)
- Strategic Infrastructure Improvement Plan (2014)
- Warm Springs Town Center: Property Summary (2012)
- Warm Springs Downtown Development Plan (2005)
- The People’s Plan – Comprehensive Plan for the year 2020
- The People’s Keepsake, Yesterday
- The People’s Keepsake, Today
- The People’s Keepsake, Tomorrow
Who is Eligible?
Tribal members and departments
Partnering individuals and organizations
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I get land? (for home, business, livestock grazing, etc.)
Transportation related questions about improving safety—especially for pedestrians. Most questions concern areas around the new school, Hollywood Boulevard and the Highway 26 corridor through Warm Springs.
Transit related questions about times and stop locations.