About Senior Center
Honoring our elders is an important tradition and the Warm Springs Senior Wellness Center provides services that honor and help the elders in our community.
Programs and Services
Nutrition Program follows USDA dietary guidelines as recommended by the Administration on Aging.
- Congregate meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Healthy light lunch for elder exercisers on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Home delivered meals to medically referred clients.
- Traditional food meals served weekly at Mountain View Nursing Home.
- Client birthday observations.
Personal and Family Services
- Information and referral
- Assistance in applying for benefits.
- Service coordination for high-risk clients.
- Elder abuse victim assistance.
- To congregate meal site.
- Visits to other senior center activities.
- IHS approved medical appointments.
- In-home services
- Home health aide
- Personal grooming
- Care worker visits.
- Telephone follow-up after hospitalization.
- Family support
- Family mediation
- Monthly Diabetes Awareness group meetings.
- Respite care
- Management of finances.
- Grief support
- Fitness activities
- Special social gatherings
- Elders rights advocates
- Assistance with legal issues.
- Senior rental housing
- Housing placements in cooperation with the Housing Department. Maintenance is provided by the Housing and Utilities Departments. Tenants pay their own bills.
- Annual Warm Springs Honor Senior Citizens Day
- Diabetes Awareness
- On-going Activity w/IHS
- Dialysis Support Group
- Monthly evening sessions
- Warm Springs Senior Picnic
- Annual event in August
- Seniors Health and Fitness Month
- During the month of May.
Customs and Traditional Teachings
- Spiritual Workshops
- Individual Counseling
- Orientation and advice to health care providers.
- Orientation to various departments, programs and organizations.
- Traditional Funeral Assistance.
Seek additional Senior Housing units.
The Warm Springs Senior Wellness Program’s mission is to enable seniors to live in the least restrictive appropriate environment possible and encourages participation in community and wellness related activities.
Who is Eligible?
Services are available to persons, ages sixty and older, on the Warm Springs Reservation. Depending on the needs and circumstances, family members are encouraged to continue their role as primary care providers for their elders.