Warm Springs, OR — August 18, 2020
Office / Cell – 541.553.2004
- There were 3 total active fires on the Reservation on August 18 th as.
- P 515 fire is the largest, approximately 772 acres. Terrain includes steep slopes, brushy
areas and dense timbered areas.
- The Lion’s Head fire is approximately 144 acres in size. Terrain includes thick brushy
fuels and several steep slopes.
- The Quartz Butte at approximately 27 acres. Dozer crews were able to complete a line
around the entirety of the fire.
- 80-100 firefighters staffing the three fires.
- Weather advisories are in effect with Red Flag warnings with areas of concern that
include high temperatures nearing 100*, gusty winds in excess of 15 mph from the west
/ north west associated with thunder and lightning storms and a continued chance of
thunderstorms into the evening of 8/18/20. IFPLA levels at 3 (High Fire Danger.