Warm Springs, OR — August 17, 2020
Office / Cell – 541.553.2004
- Thunderstorms occurred widespread throughout the reservation and Central Oregon Sunday evening August 16th.
- There were 5 total fires reported to Warm Springs Fire Dispatch on the Reservation on August 16th and 17th. 4 fires were on the evening of August 16th. One fire reported on August 17th. Two of the fires are contained, while three are active.
- The Lion’s head fire is at 15 – 20 acres in size. It is 0 % contained. The North Butte or P 515 fire is at 300 acres. It is 0% contained. Both fires are located on the South – Eastern quadrant of the reservation. Terrain includes steep slopes, brushy areas and timbered areas. The most recent reported fire on August 17th is at Quartz Butte at approximately 25 acres.
- Warm Springs Crews are responding to them and accessing other potential areas of concern. Total number of local resources responding are at 80-100 firefighters.
- There is aerial support as well with 2 tankers and a smoke jumper unit.
- Also called in 7 additional outside crews of firefighters, with more arriving 8/18/20.
- Weather of concern includes high temperatures and continued thunderstorms. IFPLA levels at 3 (High Fire Danger)
See attached PDF for additional information and images.
PIO Update 8_17_20