Boil Water Notice: Agency Area

Warm Springs, OR October 12, 2020

PWSID 104101247 Date distributed: October 12, 2020
Turbidity Event in The Agency Water System

Bring tap water to a rolling boil, boil for one minute, and cool before using. Or use bottled water certified for sale by the Oregon State Department of Health. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, washing dishes, brushing teeth, and preparing food until further notice.

This Boil Water Notice applies to all residences and businesses in the Warm Springs agency

What Happened?
The Dry Creek water treatment plant may have experienced a turbidity event that exceeded allowablenumbers and the operators are in the process of identifying if, and when, the event occurred. Harmful microbes in drinking water can cause diarrhea, cramps, nausea, headaches, or other symptoms and may pose a special health risk for infants, some elderly, and people with severely compromised immune systems. But these symptoms are not just caused by microbes in drinking water. If you experience any of these symptoms and they persist, you should seek medical advice.

What is being done?
The plant operators are in the process of identifying when, or if, the turbidity event actually occurred. This boil water notice is being issued as a precautionary measure until the data will support if an actual event occurred. If there was an event, the operators will initiate a series of BacT samples to confirm that the water is back to consumable standards and is safe to drink. As of this notice, the time frame for lifting the boil water notice is unknown. This notice is being issued pursuant to established protocols to ensure the community has safe drinking water.

Based on the recommendation of the water system supervisor, you will need to boil water indefinitely or until the problem is fixed. You will be informed when tests show that you no longer need to boil your water.

For more information, please contact:
The Branch of Public Utilities, Water & Wastewater division at (541) 553-3246.
Please share this information with other people who drink this water, especially anyone who may not get this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses).

You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.

BWN 10-12-20