Higher Education

About Higher Education

Higher Education assists tribal members with a HS diploma or GED to meet and to be eligible for the tribal scholarship. Boarding School, GED, Computer Lab and Johnson O’Malley Committee Secretary.

Who is Eligible?

CTWS Tribal Scholarship – CTWS tribal members GED & Computer Lab – Community Boarding School – Member of a tribe Johnson O’ Malley for 509-J School district students

Commonly Asked Questions

  1. Tribal Scholarship is for CTWS tribal members, must have a HS diploma/official transcripts or GED on file, apply for FAFSA, complete your BELOW 100 level classes, and when eligible, maintain tribal scholarship requirement of 15 credits with a 2.50 GPA.
  2. Boarding School – Students must be IN school prior to acceptance, Higher Education assist with boarding school applications (xeroxing, faxing, mailing etc. NO travel budget). School provides travel to school, return home for Christmas break, return to school after Christmas break and return home when school year ends.
  3. GED classes is set up quarterly with ONE WEEK to register at the beginning of each quarter, $25.00 per subject, 16 or 17 yr old students -must be released for your HS, 1) pick up an intent to enroll form at any COCC campus-a COCC staff person will fill out COCC portion & sign, 2) Take to HS counselor 3) Give to HS counselor & HS staff will give you an Exemption from Compulsory Education form with principal or administrator & parent signature, submit to GED teacher at orientation/registration. For more information 541.504.2950 or www.cocc.edu
  4. Johnson O’Malley (JOM) all Native American studentS within the 509-J school and Wasco County School Districts should complete the JOM enrollment forms at Higher Education or see JOM committee members Deanie Smith, Ardis Clark and June Smith

Online Forms

Tribal Scholarship Application with official transcripts due by July 1st annually.

Boarding School Applications deadline is July 31st Johnson O’Malley enrollment & request forms