Higher Education

Who is Eligible?

  • The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Tribal Scholarship is open to tribal members.
  • GED and Computer Lab, Community Boarding School are open to members of a tribe.
  • Johnson O’ Malley is available to members of a tribe enrolled within the 509-J School district.

Commonly Asked Questions

Who is eligible? Tribal Scholarship is for CTWS tribal members, they must have a HS diploma/official transcripts or GED on file, apply for FAFSA, complete your BELOW 100 level classes, and when eligible, maintain tribal scholarship requirement of 15 credits with a 2.50 GPA.

May I have Boarding School information? Students must be IN school prior to acceptance, Higher Education assists with boarding school applications (xeroxing, faxing, mailing etc., NO travel budget). School provides travel to school, return home for Christmas break, return to school after Christmas break and return home when school year ends.

May I have GED information? GED classes are set up quarterly with ONE WEEK to register at the beginning of each quarter, $25.00 per subject, 16 or 17 yr old students – must be released from your HS, then: 1) pick up an intent to enroll form at any COCC campus-a COCC staff person will fill out COCC portion and sign, 2) Take to HS counselor, and 3) Give to HS counselor and HS staff will give you an Exemption from Compulsory Education form with principal or administrator and parent signature, submit to the GED teacher at orientation/registration. For more information 541.504.2950 or www.cocc.edu.

Who qualifies for JOM? Johnson O’Malley (JOM) all Native American students within the 509-J school and Wasco County School Districts should complete the JOM enrollment forms at Higher Education or see JOM committee members.

Google pages for Warm Springs Higher Education
Google images for Warm Springs Higher Education