Boil Water Notice – Warm Springs Agency Area


Loss of pressure in the Agency Water System


Bring tap water to a rolling boil, boil for one minute, and cool before using.  Or use bottled water certified for sale by the Oregon State Department of Health.  Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, washing dishes, brushing teeth, and preparing food until further notice.

This Boil Water Notice applies to all residences and businesses in the Warm Springs agency area.

What Happened ?

On Sunday morning the 4th of November, 2018 the water system lost pressure due to a main line break near the crossing the Shitike River crossing.

When water mains lose pressure it increases the chance that untreated water and harmful microbes can enter your water.

Harmful microbes in drinking water can cause diarrhea, cramps, nausea, headaches, or other symptoms and may pose a special health risk for infants, some elderly, and people with severely compromised immune systems.  But these symptoms are not just caused by microbes in drinking water.  If you experience any of these symptoms and they persist, you should seek medical advice.

What is being done ?

The Branch of Public Utilities water crew will be making repairs to the 14” main line beginning on the morning of November 6th, 2018.  It is anticipated that the repairs should be completed with 24 hours and recharging the system will take another approximately 5-6 hours after repairs.

Based on the recommendation of the tribal sanitarian, you will need to boil water indefinitely or until the problem is fixed.  You will be informed when tests show that you no longer need to boil your water.

For more information, please contact:

The Branch of Public Utilities, Water & Wastewater division at (541) 553-3246 or the Office of Environmental Health at (541) 553-4943.

Please share this information with other people who drink this water, especially anyone who may not get this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.


PWSID 104101247                                                                Date distributed: November 5, 2018