The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, Oregon (CTWSO) is requesting proposals from experienced artists who would like to bead the crown and banner for “Miss Warm Springs” as described in the scope of work.
The Miss Warm Springs tradition started during the centennial celebration of the 1855 Treaty with the Middle Bands of Oregon when a pageant was held to select the Treaty Centennial Queen. Atwai Kathleen Heath was selected in that capacity and is considered to be the first Miss Warm Springs.
It was not until 1969 when the first Miss Warm Springs pageant was held. At that time, atwai Dorothy “Pebbles” George was selected as Miss Warm Springs. Since then, the pageant has been held annually with few exceptions. To date, forty-one women have served as Miss Warm Springs, including the current titleholder, Katrina Blackwolf.
Scope of Work
- Artists must briefly describe a list of recently completed projects accompanied by pictures.
- The crown must identify the title of “Miss Warm Springs 2018” and include elements representative of the CTWSO. This includes but is not limited to the flag design. The highest point of the crown must not exceed 9 inches. Beadwork should be backed and have an attached buckskin string back closure.
- The color scheme for the main background of the crown is to be the light blue similar to the CTWSO Tribal flag and previous Miss Warm Springs crowns.
- The banner must identify the title of “Miss Warm Springs” and include elements representative of the CTWSO. The banner must be at least 8 inches wide with buckskin fringe between 8-10 inches. The back of the banner should be plain and there should be an attached buckskin string closure.
- All bidders must include a sample drawing of the proposed crown and banner design. Committee requests that the bead size be no larger than size 13; small sized beads are allowable as well as assorted cuts, colors and types but must be specified on the design sample.
- Cost proposal must include a detailed breakdown for cost of supplies and labor hours in a quote/invoice format. Proposals should not exceed $3,000.
- Project must be completed by December 15, 2017.
All proposals received by the deadline will be evaluated as follows:
- 40% Proposed statement of work
- 30% Price
- 20% Qualifications, experience and/or past performance
- 10% Indian preference
The award will be made to the most well designed proposal, most experienced, best priced and most responsive, responsible bidder using the approved Tribal Contracting process.
- Sealed proposals due Friday, July 7, 2017
- Proposal review completed by Friday, July 28, 2017
In the event that only 1 proposal is received, the CTWSO reserves the right to negotiate with the bidder who turned in their bid.
Electronic or facsimile or proposed statement of work will be considered. Photos can be accepted with proposal via email or facsimile.
Completed applications should be sent to Starla Green, Coordinator, Miss Warm Springs Committee at [email protected] or by postal service to: Miss Warm Springs Committee, PO Box 455, Warm Springs, OR 97761.
Click here to download the printer-friendly version of the RFP.