Itukdi wigwa ku nix pachwai. This past week, the 27th Tribal Council completed the first step of the annual tribal budget process. This included hearing presentations from all the tribal organization branches and departments on their proposed 2017 budgets. We also heard from all tribal enterprises about their plans for next year and expected dividends they will make to the Tribe. As part of the budget process, the Tribal Council adopted a proposed 2017 budget which has been mailed to the Tribal membership for review prior to the scheduled district budget meetings. I hope that you will read this information and attend your district meeting. The schedule includes:
- Seeksequa District Meeting -2017 Proposed Budget, Mon., Oct. 24, 2017, starting at 6pm with a dinner, followed by meeting at 7pm. Location: Seekseequa Fire Hall.
- Agency District Meeting – 2017 Proposed Budget, Tue., Oct. 25, 2017, starting at 6pm with a dinner, followed by meeting at 7pm. Location: Agency Longhouse.
- Simnasho District Meeting – 2017 Proposed Budget, Wed., Oct. 26, 2017, starting at 6pm with a dinner, followed by meeting at 7pm. Location: Simnasho Longhouse.
Over many years, Tribal leadership has prioritized improved communications with Tribal membership. This goal was formally included in both the 26th and 27th Tribal Council proclamations and I am happy to share we recently launched the Tribal Member Portal. The Portal contains the Tribal Council monthly agenda, resolution inventories, committee information and reports, proclamations, budget information, historical and major documents, and enterprise reports. We are also working towards implementing an audio live stream from the Tribal Council chambers and hope to have that operational by the first quarter of 2017. The site is live and staff adds new content daily.
The launch of the Portal is a big step forward in providing timely and factual information to the membership and the largest release of information to the Tribal membership in the history of our Nation. My hope is that you will log on to the site frequently so that you can stay up-to-date on the activities of your elected leadership. We also welcome your feedback on the Portal; please send your comments to [email protected]
To log in to the Tribal Member Portal:
- An email address is required to set up an account on the Tribal Member Portal
- To login visit: www.warmsprings.me/wp-admin
- Your User Name (no spaces): (UpperCase) First Initial (LowerCase) Last Initial DOB (MMDDYYYY)
- Your Password: Tribal Enrollment Number
- User Name Example: Jon Doe Nov 01 1966 would be entered as Jd11011966
The Office of Information Systems is available to assist you with logging into the Tribal Member portal and can be reached at 541-553-3275.
In closing, the 27th Tribal Council continues to take proactive steps forward in meeting and exceeding the many goals laid out in our Proclamation. I will report on how we plan to move these issues forward in future updates.
Austin Greene Jr.